Thursday, December 24, 2009

Medical Coding...I need help!?

I'm going to start my online schooling for medical coding today. I'm feeling a little nervous, though. Has anyone done this? Is the work hard? I know it sounds stupid but I'm worried about failing. I really want to succeed in this course.








(Before anyone says anything about the school not being accredited or being fake, it is online schooling through the local university. It is real.)Medical Coding...I need help!?
I finished a medical coding and billing class, 9 month program, in Sep. You learn medical terminology, basic physiology and disease processes. Then there's the coding, CPT - Current Procedural Terminology, ICD - International Classification of Diseases and HCPCS which is hospital coding. I enjoyed the classes and everything I learned. I wouldn't say it's easy but if you work at it, I'm sure you can do it. On the downside, it's hard to find a job without 2 years of experience. So I'm still looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment