Sunday, December 27, 2009

I have a 128 MB RAM 1.8 Ghz P4 computer.I don't game.I just want to do coding.Which ubuntu distro can I use?

with that computer it isnt even worth itI have a 128 MB RAM 1.8 Ghz P4 computer.I don't game.I just want to do coding.Which ubuntu distro can I use?
Try Xubuntu alternate install. Not the live CD one.





';The Alternate Install CD only requires you to have 64 MB RAM at install time. To install Xubuntu, you need 1.5 GB of free space on your hard disk. Once installed, Xubuntu can run with starting from 192 (or even just 128) MB RAM, but it is strongly recommended to have at least 256 MB RAM. ';





Use the command line for editing and compiling and the gui only for running complied code.I have a 128 MB RAM 1.8 Ghz P4 computer.I don't game.I just want to do coding.Which ubuntu distro can I use?
I thoroughly recommend Linux Mint 6 FLUXBOX





Linux Mint 6 FLUXBOX Release notes


http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=724


http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_felicia_flu鈥?/a>








Linux Mint 6 FLUXBOX Download


http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=鈥?/a>








LUg.
if you want to get the most of it, get Slackware or Arch Linux and use a light environment, such as Fluxbox, which has already been recommended
Newer ubuntu will have hard time running on ur config.





I recommend Xbuntu





Its basically Scaled down version of ubuntu Hard Heron
damn small linux, yellow dog linux, puppy linux


Xubuntu will work marginally.


Try 'em out until you find the right one for you.
You really need to upgrade the ram to run ubuntu it requires at least 256mb ram. With that said if you have no interest in upgrading i would suggest Damn Small Linuz (DSL) or puppy linux but i would not recommend running this off of the live cd because it would run out of your ram you don't have any to spare for it so install it on the hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment