Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need some help coding my fansite!?

So I've just started a new fansite and I have a question about coding it. Is there a way to make it so when you go to another part of the site you don't need to change every page that you link to each time a new change is made to the site? If this doesn't make sense e-mail me at xoxo.gossipgirl11@yahoo.com or go to my site http://www.freewebs.com/endlessemma/I need some help coding my fansite!?
A free hosting account at freewebs.com is not going to allow you to do what you want as you are not able to use Server Side Includes (SSI) or some scripting languages.





Freewebs Pro account is a little expensive if you need to absolutely set this up. I recommend using a paid hosting site where they provide all the bells and whistles. Most will charge you only for the domain name, but payment is by the year. Freewebs is $10/month I think to get the bells and whistles you need.





I like SSI as it is easy to set up so, when I make changes to my nav links, it's a change to only one file which propagates through all the pages.





RonI need some help coding my fansite!?
I think that you are talking about using a template that will replicate itself on every page, but allow the content to be the same. This way when you change the template, every page changes instantly.





I notice that you are using a free host... That can be a pain in the butt, and the pop-ups will hurt your search engine placement.





My eMail and IM are open... I'll help you with this.
  • oil production
  • cream
  • medicine cream
  • motorcycle oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment