Thursday, December 24, 2009

Help! question about Medical Coding?

Looking into medical coding career. Also intend to get RHIT.


Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to get a job right before of after I graduate? The school I'm interested in is accredited by the AHIMA.


I am a single mother and will need a job right away.Help! question about Medical Coding?
Having a coding degree such as a CPC (though the American Academy of Professional Coders) or RHIT though AHIMA does certainly help. It can be hard to get started though without experience. I would start looking before you graduate. Also look into doing an externship (AAPC is now offering an externship program thoughout the states). Any kind of experience (even if it isn't very long) goes a long way in getting a job in this field.





Good luck and it's really a great field of work.





I'm a CPC and have been coding for 14 years. :)Help! question about Medical Coding?
Well, you really shouldn't be coding unless you know what you are doing. You could get a billing position if you have medical terminology. The Dr usually does the coding and all you do is post the charges but you do need to know terminology and know how to use the CPT and ICD-9 books. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment