Friday, January 8, 2010

Simple Coding of Hours Worked? (Visual Basic)?

I'm using Visual Basic 2005 Express, and I'm running into a little bit of trouble. I have this so far...





http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4538/image1ew4.jpg





...and the only thing I want is the program to output the total for the whole week. Simple, so that the user can input hours the employee started, and finished work.





However, I'm having trouble with the whole AM and PM thing. Once I go to 1PM (changing from counting up, to down), my numbers get all messed up since it wouldn't just be counting like in military time, but go along with the 12 hour clock.





I also understand that after a time is entered for ';In-Time'; and ';Out-Time'; for a day, a new value must be created with those hours added up, even though it won't be displayed. And from there, I would take those newly created values, and add them up for the ';Total Hrs.';.





I was thinking about entering defining things such as this...





11AM = ';11';


12PM = ';12';


1PM = ';13';





Not sure though...please help me =(





Thank you if you can!Simple Coding of Hours Worked? (Visual Basic)?
Scrap the text boxes and use drop downs... then there is no room for user error.


1am = 1


12am = 24





then you can use the values from each against an IF statement (if listbox.text.value = ';12AM'; then hourout=24 endif)


take the hourout minus hourin and that equals total hours





sorry... VB6, syntax is probably different for VB 2005 express but the idea is the sameSimple Coding of Hours Worked? (Visual Basic)?
Well AM PM radio buttons for each entry would be a way.





You can ALSO write them in and PARSE, but that presents a problem with 10:30AM because the colon would stop for the VAL() function to obtain a number.





You ARE away of that right, Text Boxes view numbers as characters unless you use the VAL function.





I think your concept of military time is good and maybe you should add a calculator for it or list it on the form





1PM=1300 2PM =1400.





I think listing it is the best way





Then you can VAL the times





920 in


1650 out





Then you subtract using the 60 rule





Boy you're got yourself in a corner





Best way is two fields for each entry





HOURS


9





Minutes


29





Hours


16





Mintues 23





Then you can deal with if mintues =%26gt;60 hours=hours+1 and minutes = minutes-60
  • oil production
  • cream
  • medicine cream
  • oil production
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment